Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery

Since we've been home I've just been dying to see something important, so today I decided to take the kids up to Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. I've never been there before, so I figured it was about time.
I don't know what I was thinking. My kids are the most morbid children on the planet. Markus spent the first ten minutes walking through the cemetery and saying "That's for dead people, and that's for dead people, and that's for dead people..."
 It sure was beautiful though...

 This wall was amazing, it seemed like it stretched on for miles...
 I liked reading about every one's history...


 It was quite a view too!






 Joli just hated that people's flowers had fallen over, so every time we came across some that had fallen, she would pick them back up and make them look nice.











 I was just in complete awe at far the cemetery went. I thought it was a small one, but there were gravestones as far as I could see.











It was sad and beautiful all at the same time.

No comments: