Friday, July 12, 2013

Day Twelve - "Amber Waves of Grain"

Sunday morning we were up and headed to the train station by 7a.m.! It was a beautiful day out!

We had plenty of time to take some pictures of Union Station, get some breakfast, and another mug for my collection!
The kids were super good on the train, even though most everyone else was quite rude. So once again I got to look at all the beautiful sights!
Markus put every single Spiderman sticker he had on his arms and said "Now I have all my powers". Sweet baby boy!
I took several pictures that didn't turn out the greatest, but were of some absolutely beautiful places!



Apparently I needed some super powers too...


I couldn't really figure out what this way, although I speculated that it was from an old water tower.


This was the best picture I could get of the corn fields, but I just love looking at them.

Once we got to Virginia we got on a bus to take us the last hour to Virginia Beach. I was amazed by all the water that surrounds the place!


Markus was just as impressed as I was, and it didn't take long before I looked over and saw this...


Joli did her best to stay awake, but she was just too comfy...

We finally arrived in Virginia Beach and Robyn came and picked us up! We got back to their house and relaxed a little before heading down for a little neighborhood pool party! There are so many cute little babies in Virginia Beach!!
Markus had a hard time being gentle around all those babies. So we sent him off with the hose.
Joli had no problem being sweet with the babies.

After awhile we headed back to Robyn and Little Bear's to have some dinner, and then took a little walk along the lake.


We had to go check out the equipment the developer had sitting beside the lake too!


Before too long the kids got tired of me saying "look at the turtles!!" and headed inside to watch a movie.
Us grown ups sat out on the porch and listened to the crickets with some cold beer. It was a lovely evening!

No comments: